Nantwich Writers' Group Logo
Nantwich Writers' Group
Sharon J's Writing Blog
Welcome to The Nantwich Writers' Group Web Site
Please feel free to look around - you'll find information about the group's work, our group diary as well as the writing diaries of individual members.
 Home
 About Penny
 Perpetual Story
 News
 Message Boards
 Links
 Bookshelf
 Contact
 Group Blog
 Penny’s Blog
 Sharon’s Blog
 Iona’s Blog
 Chris’ Blog
 Richard's Blog
 Christopher's Blog
 Kate's Blog
 Joan's Blog
 Shirley's Blog
 Carole's Blog
 Kate Allan
 Debi Alper
 Amanda Ashby
 Ally Blake
 Jaci Burton
 Martyn Clayton
 Julie Cohen
 Karen Dindia
 Karen Lee Field
 Liz Fielding
 Kate Hardy
 Fiona Harper
 Jeanne Haskett
 Anna Lucia
 Natasha Oakley
 Kim Rees
 Julie S
 Jack Slyde
 Kate Walker
 Sasha White
 Trish Wylie
 
 All Kinds of Writing
 Another 52 Books
 Characters Journey
 Inner Minx
 Literary Chicks
 MsCreativity
 Scribes' Sanctuary
 Struggling Writer
 The Hopeless Writer
 WriteMinded
 Writesville
 "Knit One, Kill One" by Maggie Sefton
 "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult
 "Common Ground" by Andrew Cohan
 "Dead Simple" by Peter James
 "When The Devil Holds The Candle" by Karin Fossum
 "Being A Bad Girl" by Julie Cohen
 "The Italian Duke's Wife" by Penny Jordan
 A Wife on Paper - Liz Fielding
 O'Reilly's Bride - Trish Wylie
 A Nanny For Keeps - Liz Fielding
 On Writing - Stephen King
 Acid Row - Minette Walters
 Light As A Feather - Helen Dunne
 A Mother For His Daughter - Ally Blake
  Moved To The Nantwich Writers' Group
  A Day Out
  Name Change
  Poorly Thoughts
  One Third & Counting
  Time Management
  My Canarian Hero
  My Bookshelf
  White Space or What
  Character Changes & Happy Endings
Powered by Blogger

Child

Locations of visitors to this page

Number of online users in last 3 minutes


Zokutou word meter
Sherry & Leo
Rejected by HM&B
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
Darcie & Alex
17,221 / 55,000 (31.3%)
Today Will Be A Good Day!
Sunday, April 16, 2006
So much for me getting lots of writing done yesterday.

I spent most of the day putting links into the directory part of the group site, a job that took a lot longer than I'd anticipated. Then, by the time I'd watched Dr. Who and done a few more of my paid website reviews, I was so tired I just couldn't concentrate. Two days out in a row is enough to knock me off my feet!

But today is going to be different. The site's ready to go so all I have to do now is wait for the other members to get blogging and join the discussion forum. I'm sure it won't be long before they start turning up. In the meantime I shall write. The sun's shining and I've a feeling the words are going to flow like milk when it boils over in the pan and makes a mess of the cooker - it just seems to produce more and more and takes on a life of its own.

I'm lagging so far behind my own goal at the moment that I need to write around 2,000 words a day for the next week in order to catch up. Whether or not I can do that remains to be seen but as I have no editor hanging over me with a deadline, it doesn't matter too much. Mind you, having said that, I suppose it's just as well to learn self-discipline from the start.

The couple of days I've spent away from the story have at least given me a chance to get used to the hero's new name and now I'm starting to feel that Leo actually suits him. What I have to do now is re-write a few scenes to fit in with a new layer of the heroine that I didn't know about before yesterday. It turns out her mother abandoned her as a baby, something she'd neglected to tell me before I started on her story. Oh well... it's all part of the fun, eh?

~~+~~
Posted by Sharon J on 11:26 AM   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home