Nantwich Writers' Group Logo
Nantwich Writers' Group
Sharon J's Writing Blog
Welcome to The Nantwich Writers' Group Web Site
Please feel free to look around - you'll find information about the group's work, our group diary as well as the writing diaries of individual members.
 Home
 About Penny
 Perpetual Story
 News
 Message Boards
 Links
 Bookshelf
 Contact
 Group Blog
 Penny’s Blog
 Sharon’s Blog
 Iona’s Blog
 Chris’ Blog
 Richard's Blog
 Christopher's Blog
 Kate's Blog
 Joan's Blog
 Shirley's Blog
 Carole's Blog
 Kate Allan
 Debi Alper
 Amanda Ashby
 Ally Blake
 Jaci Burton
 Martyn Clayton
 Julie Cohen
 Karen Dindia
 Karen Lee Field
 Liz Fielding
 Kate Hardy
 Fiona Harper
 Jeanne Haskett
 Anna Lucia
 Natasha Oakley
 Kim Rees
 Julie S
 Jack Slyde
 Kate Walker
 Sasha White
 Trish Wylie
 
 All Kinds of Writing
 Another 52 Books
 Characters Journey
 Inner Minx
 Literary Chicks
 MsCreativity
 Scribes' Sanctuary
 Struggling Writer
 The Hopeless Writer
 WriteMinded
 Writesville
 "Knit One, Kill One" by Maggie Sefton
 "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult
 "Common Ground" by Andrew Cohan
 "Dead Simple" by Peter James
 "When The Devil Holds The Candle" by Karin Fossum
 "Being A Bad Girl" by Julie Cohen
 "The Italian Duke's Wife" by Penny Jordan
 A Wife on Paper - Liz Fielding
 O'Reilly's Bride - Trish Wylie
 A Nanny For Keeps - Liz Fielding
 On Writing - Stephen King
 Acid Row - Minette Walters
 Light As A Feather - Helen Dunne
 A Mother For His Daughter - Ally Blake
  This and That
  Today Will Be A Good Day!
  Moved To The Nantwich Writers' Group
  A Day Out
  Name Change
  Poorly Thoughts
  One Third & Counting
  Time Management
  My Canarian Hero
  My Bookshelf
Powered by Blogger

Child

Locations of visitors to this page

Number of online users in last 3 minutes


Zokutou word meter
Sherry & Leo
Rejected by HM&B
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
Darcie & Alex
17,221 / 55,000 (31.3%)
The Halfway House
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
What a comfy place it is, this halfway house. Seeing its lights glowing warm and welcoming after the long, uphill struggle is too good for words. And now that I'm here I just want to sit back and put my feet up for a while with a vodka and lemonade (or two) before starting out on the next leg of the journey.

I won't be able to stay long because I can hear Leo calling me. He knows he's losing Sherry and without my help he has no chance of winning her love. The poor man; you can't help but feel for him, can you?

When I dusted off the original couple of thousand words I'd written of this manuscript I decided I'd finish it within 100 days. I've now worked out that for me to keep to that deadline I'll have to write an average of about 500 words per day from now until 9th June. Can I do it? I don't see why not because during the past 18 days I've averaged 690 words a day even though 7 of those 18 days were non-starters. I've said it before but I'll say it again. I will finish it! I will, I will, I will!

FILM REVIEW
Cherry. This is for you. The film, An American Haunting, was... different. I found it quite spooky in places but the bits that were meant to be really scary weren't. Although it did almost make me lose my popcorn a few times thanks to the combination of unexpected movements and booming sounds. Waaahhh! Blimey - is that all it was? Recognise it?

All in all it was a decent enough film albeit somewhat 'Exorcist-y". Sissy Spacek played her role well as did Rachel Hurd-Wood in her role as the daughter supposedly being tormented by some kind of entity (I won't say too much because it'll spoil the twist in the tale).

If you like classic horror films that are based on keeping you on the edge of your seat rather than the shock factor of blood and guts, go for it. Otherwise forget it.

Ok folks. Can't sit around here all day.

Tatty bye for now.
Posted by Sharon J on 8:24 AM   

7 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. I just hope there's an editor out there who agrees with you :-)

3:01 PM   


Blogger Unknown said...

Your novel/word counter now looks like a pregnancy test! Very apt!!

11:05 PM   


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Don't tell me she's gonna get herself up the duff? And to think I've just written the scene where Leo's upstairs looking for condoms!

11:12 PM   


Blogger Unknown said...

Tell him that they've slipped down behind the bedside table - I wouldn't want to be responsible for an un-planned pregnancy!

9:20 AM   


Blogger Fiona Lowe said...

All the best with your goal of 500 words a day. Nothing like a goal to motivate. I always find when I set a target, I generally exceed it...as long as the target is reasonable:-)500 words a day is really achieveable. I'm sure you'll make it and then we can trade final chapter experiences!

11:02 AM   


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Minx. You're in luck. He found them. Babies aren't featuring in this story so if he hadn't been able to find them, he wouldn't have got his leg over I'm afraid.

Fiona. Thanks for the encouragement, Fiona. I more than doubled the goal yesterday but there will always be days when I don't have time to write so those extra words will be good for keeping the average up. ~Sharon

11:21 AM   


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cherry. I heard him describe himself as 'working class' not so long ago. Maybe his roots were but somebody with his kind of money can hardly be described as working class, can they? Or have I misunderstood this terribly British class system?

10:46 PM   


Post a Comment

<< Home