Nantwich Writers' Group Logo
Nantwich Writers' Group
Sharon J's Writing Blog
Welcome to The Nantwich Writers' Group Web Site
Please feel free to look around - you'll find information about the group's work, our group diary as well as the writing diaries of individual members.
 Home
 About Penny
 Perpetual Story
 News
 Message Boards
 Links
 Bookshelf
 Contact
 Group Blog
 Penny’s Blog
 Sharon’s Blog
 Iona’s Blog
 Chris’ Blog
 Richard's Blog
 Christopher's Blog
 Kate's Blog
 Joan's Blog
 Shirley's Blog
 Carole's Blog
 Kate Allan
 Debi Alper
 Amanda Ashby
 Ally Blake
 Jaci Burton
 Martyn Clayton
 Julie Cohen
 Karen Dindia
 Karen Lee Field
 Liz Fielding
 Kate Hardy
 Fiona Harper
 Jeanne Haskett
 Anna Lucia
 Natasha Oakley
 Kim Rees
 Julie S
 Jack Slyde
 Kate Walker
 Sasha White
 Trish Wylie
 
 All Kinds of Writing
 Another 52 Books
 Characters Journey
 Inner Minx
 Literary Chicks
 MsCreativity
 Scribes' Sanctuary
 Struggling Writer
 The Hopeless Writer
 WriteMinded
 Writesville
 "Knit One, Kill One" by Maggie Sefton
 "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult
 "Common Ground" by Andrew Cohan
 "Dead Simple" by Peter James
 "When The Devil Holds The Candle" by Karin Fossum
 "Being A Bad Girl" by Julie Cohen
 "The Italian Duke's Wife" by Penny Jordan
 A Wife on Paper - Liz Fielding
 O'Reilly's Bride - Trish Wylie
 A Nanny For Keeps - Liz Fielding
 On Writing - Stephen King
 Acid Row - Minette Walters
 Light As A Feather - Helen Dunne
 A Mother For His Daughter - Ally Blake
  I Cried
  Map
  Formula or Not?
  The Group, The Story and The Picnic
  Several Manuscripts in One Place?
  TPN - Total Parenteral Nutrition
  At Last! Bring Out The Booze!
  Naming Characters Part II
  Naming Characters
  Writing Spaces
Powered by Blogger

Child

Locations of visitors to this page

Number of online users in last 3 minutes


Zokutou word meter
Sherry & Leo
Rejected by HM&B
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
Darcie & Alex
17,221 / 55,000 (31.3%)
Writing Can Be A Pain
Monday, July 10, 2006
Now I understand what Trish Wylie meant when she said that writing "O'Reilly's Bride" was like giving birth to a pineapple because that's exactly what getting words onto paper felt like yesterday. Not just words for the book, either. I had several articles that should have been delivered this morning but they're late because the words just wouldn't come. Every sentence was a struggle and when I reread what I had, it sounded as if it'd been written by somebody on a frighteningly high dose of opiates.

I'm hoping today is going to be better because not only do I have those original articles to deliver, I had another two on top of them! In other words, I've got my work cut out today. And there was me thinking I might get time to move a few perennials in the garden and plant a few new ones. Dream on! I doubt the book will be given much attention, either, but come what may, it'll get at least half hour, even if I have to put matchsticks under my eye lids!

Oh well, things can only get better :-)

LINK OF THE DAY
Today's link is one I may need if I the aforementioned continues. It's "How To Finish A Novel" by Holly Lisle. It isn't long and waffly; just a nice succint article that explains some simple techniques that the author uses in order to get from "Once upon a time..." to "The End".




PS: Anybody know what's happened to Martyn Clayton? His blog disappeared about a week or so ago and hasn't re-emerged so I'm a little bit worried that something may have happened.

~~+~~

Technorati Tag: Writing
Posted by Sharon J on 10:29 AM   

6 Comments:
Blogger Melly said...

I hate those days when writing is a pain. Hope you make your deadlines.

2:42 AM   


Blogger Julie S said...

I have days like that...no words. But way to go, making yourself spend at least a half hour on it. That's discipline!

2:47 AM   


Blogger Karen Erickson said...

This writing stuff is so hard! And giving birth to a pineapple? Yep, some days feel that bad! But then the good days can certainly make up for the bad, thank goodness.

6:25 AM   


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melly. Still working on those deadlines. Luckily I was able to get an extension on one set of articles but they'll have to be delivered this evening. My daughter's coming over tomorrow for a couple of weeks so I don't really want to be working too hard while she's here and next week we're off to London for the week so have to have everything wrapped up by then.

Julie. Discipline? Maybe I've finally learned what that is!

Karen. Yepp, the good days certainly do make up for them. It's a wonderful feeling when those words are like molten iron in a foundry: red hot and flowing.

9:13 AM   


Blogger Debi said...

London? You're gonna be in London???
Whereabouts?

11:45 AM   


Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're staying near St. Katherine's Dock so pretty central. If you email me (dioritt (@) yahoo (dot) co (dot) uk) I'll send you my mobile number so we can arrange something.

12:09 PM   


Post a Comment

<< Home