Nantwich Writers' Group Logo
Nantwich Writers' Group
Sharon J's Writing Blog
Welcome to The Nantwich Writers' Group Web Site
Please feel free to look around - you'll find information about the group's work, our group diary as well as the writing diaries of individual members.
 Home
 About Penny
 Perpetual Story
 News
 Message Boards
 Links
 Bookshelf
 Contact
 Group Blog
 Penny’s Blog
 Sharon’s Blog
 Iona’s Blog
 Chris’ Blog
 Richard's Blog
 Christopher's Blog
 Kate's Blog
 Joan's Blog
 Shirley's Blog
 Carole's Blog
 Kate Allan
 Debi Alper
 Amanda Ashby
 Ally Blake
 Jaci Burton
 Martyn Clayton
 Julie Cohen
 Karen Dindia
 Karen Lee Field
 Liz Fielding
 Kate Hardy
 Fiona Harper
 Jeanne Haskett
 Anna Lucia
 Natasha Oakley
 Kim Rees
 Julie S
 Jack Slyde
 Kate Walker
 Sasha White
 Trish Wylie
 
 All Kinds of Writing
 Another 52 Books
 Characters Journey
 Inner Minx
 Literary Chicks
 MsCreativity
 Scribes' Sanctuary
 Struggling Writer
 The Hopeless Writer
 WriteMinded
 Writesville
 "Knit One, Kill One" by Maggie Sefton
 "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult
 "Common Ground" by Andrew Cohan
 "Dead Simple" by Peter James
 "When The Devil Holds The Candle" by Karin Fossum
 "Being A Bad Girl" by Julie Cohen
 "The Italian Duke's Wife" by Penny Jordan
 A Wife on Paper - Liz Fielding
 O'Reilly's Bride - Trish Wylie
 A Nanny For Keeps - Liz Fielding
 On Writing - Stephen King
 Acid Row - Minette Walters
 Light As A Feather - Helen Dunne
 A Mother For His Daughter - Ally Blake
  Hot 25 Romance Novels
  And They Say English Is Easy?
  Reality or Fantasy?
  Llangollen and Hateful Numbers
  Thank You :-)
  Strange Happenings In Nantwich
  Nerdiness
  Uncooperative Heroines and Short Stories
  Proper vs. Improper Writing
  RNA Awards
Powered by Blogger

Child

Locations of visitors to this page

Number of online users in last 3 minutes


Zokutou word meter
Sherry & Leo
Rejected by HM&B
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
Darcie & Alex
17,221 / 55,000 (31.3%)
Flowing Nicely
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
I'm happy to say that the book's now flowing along nicely, although I'm not entirely sure how Leo is going to tackle his daughter yet. He's convinced that she, and her witch of a mother, are behind Sherry's sudden departure, and is trying to get to the bottom of things. But, typical of his sex, he's got it wrong. Although both daughter and ex-wife wanted Sherry out of Leo's life, he only has himself to blame for her leaving.

Somehow I have to get him to admit that she's gone because he was hurting her. After all, until he admits that, he's not going to do much of a job of getting her back, is he?

But not to worry. I have some marketing copy to write today, and the first of a series of articles about making money on eBay, so focusing on those will no doubt help loosen up the knots so that by the time I can get back to working on the book, Leo will be falling over himself to admit his faults. Even the ex wife's threats aren't going to stop him!

Tattoos
I'm all a jitter today because tomorrow I'm going to get a tattoo. I've never had one before and as I'm having it put on my ankle, people keep telling me it's going to "hammer me". It's just a tiny flower so surely it can't hurt that much? Oh well, if it does I'll just have to put up with it because there's no way I'm backing out half way through and spending the rest of my life with half a tattoo on my foot!

I say it's going to be a flower, but I'm also rather keen on the idea of having a little spider crawling on my ankle. And just because I've booked the flower doesn't mean I can't change my mind, does it?

Dilemma. Too many choices, too little time.


PS: Minx wrote a poem for me. Wasn't that nice of her? Just ignore the fact that she insulted me in the comments.

Posted by Sharon J on 10:38 AM   

10 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...

It HURTS!!

I had a tiny red heart tattooed on my bottom when I was 19. Now I'm 35 and, well, wider, it looks like a baked bean.

Good luck-- looking forward to seeing it!

12:23 PM   


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iona, I don't believe you. This means you will have to prove it at the next meeting.

12:47 PM   


Blogger Unknown said...

If the champagne becomes a regular feature at meetings it can only be a matter of time, I fear...

1:04 PM   


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have slapped his face for even suggesting such a thing, Iona. And him a newly engaged man, too! Tsk. You just can't take 'em anywhere, can you?

2:26 PM   


Blogger Unknown said...

I'm only rude to people I really like - so there!

4:16 PM   


Blogger Unknown said...

Gosh, is it too late?!

Why permanently mark your body, Sharon? You can change your earrings, wear different jewelry, bleach your hair, and even change the shape of your body (most parts), but a tattoo is forever or just about. (I hear the cure is even more painful.)

Instead, why don't you take a digital photo of your ankle and photoshop on an image of the coveted spider/flower? We won't know the difference.

5:10 PM   


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Minx. I was rather hoping that was the case :-)

Jeanne. I really can't tell you what it is about a tattoo that draws me. I've wanted one for years (about 15 years) and have decided that if I still want one after all this time, I'm not likely to regret it by the time Spring comes around again. I do see your point in them being forever but, although I can't explain why, that's part of the allure. Call me weird - I won't mind.

5:44 PM   


Blogger Unknown said...

As for the tat - go for it. I've had a small one on my shoulder (that I designed myself) for twenty odd years. Take a couple of painkillers before you go, it's not that bad, especially if it's small. A friend said before i had mine done "just picture yourself as a wrinkly, if the tat fits the picture do it".
If you have been thinking about it for that long then I would get it out of your system. Break out!!!!

8:35 PM   


Blogger Karen Erickson said...

I wanted a tattoo a long time ago, came this close to getting one (went to the parlor, looked at the book, everything) but never got around to it. I think I was a little nervous too. Kinda wished I did it - I planned on it being small so it wouldn't have been a big deal...

Good luck on it Sharon! And glad the writing is progressing nicely!

9:58 PM   


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Painkillers??? Shit! They don't work very well on me (long story but most of my bowel's missing). Oh no... now I'm even more worried about the pain. Am I really going to go through with this?

Cherry. Interesting philosophy with much truth. I've always said you have to take chances in life - the safe route is generally far too boring. Ok, I may live to regret it, but I may also live to regret NOT having it done. There are a few things I've done in my life that I do regret, but mostly, even the things that seemed pretty dire at the time (like being homeless and living in a car with three kids and dog because we had nowhere to go and ... well, a few other things) but mostly I can look back and say that added to a rich life that I wouldn't have been without. Would I have felt that way if I'd chosen the safe route? I doubt it.

As for it being less painful on soft tissue, I've given that a lot of thought over the years. The thing is, I don't actually want a tattoo anywhere other than on my ankle so it's either that or nothing.

Karen. I haven't actually gone through with it yet, either. I've chosen my design (at least, I think I have), booked the appointment and paid my deposit. That doesn't mean my ankle will actually ever be adorned with a tattoo though! I'm telling you, this girl is nervous!!

8:42 AM   


Post a Comment

<< Home