Nantwich Writers' Group Logo
Nantwich Writers' Group
Sharon J's Writing Blog
Welcome to The Nantwich Writers' Group Web Site
Please feel free to look around - you'll find information about the group's work, our group diary as well as the writing diaries of individual members.
 Home
 About Penny
 Perpetual Story
 News
 Message Boards
 Links
 Bookshelf
 Contact
 Group Blog
 Penny’s Blog
 Sharon’s Blog
 Iona’s Blog
 Chris’ Blog
 Richard's Blog
 Christopher's Blog
 Kate's Blog
 Joan's Blog
 Shirley's Blog
 Carole's Blog
 Kate Allan
 Debi Alper
 Amanda Ashby
 Ally Blake
 Jaci Burton
 Martyn Clayton
 Julie Cohen
 Karen Dindia
 Karen Lee Field
 Liz Fielding
 Kate Hardy
 Fiona Harper
 Jeanne Haskett
 Anna Lucia
 Natasha Oakley
 Kim Rees
 Julie S
 Jack Slyde
 Kate Walker
 Sasha White
 Trish Wylie
 
 All Kinds of Writing
 Another 52 Books
 Characters Journey
 Inner Minx
 Literary Chicks
 MsCreativity
 Scribes' Sanctuary
 Struggling Writer
 The Hopeless Writer
 WriteMinded
 Writesville
 "Knit One, Kill One" by Maggie Sefton
 "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult
 "Common Ground" by Andrew Cohan
 "Dead Simple" by Peter James
 "When The Devil Holds The Candle" by Karin Fossum
 "Being A Bad Girl" by Julie Cohen
 "The Italian Duke's Wife" by Penny Jordan
 A Wife on Paper - Liz Fielding
 O'Reilly's Bride - Trish Wylie
 A Nanny For Keeps - Liz Fielding
 On Writing - Stephen King
 Acid Row - Minette Walters
 Light As A Feather - Helen Dunne
 A Mother For His Daughter - Ally Blake
  Back
  What's Up Doc?
  Site Down
  A Quickie
  Still Alive
  Pretty Pictures
  Flowing Nicely
  Hot 25 Romance Novels
  And They Say English Is Easy?
  Reality or Fantasy?
Powered by Blogger

Child

Locations of visitors to this page

Number of online users in last 3 minutes


Zokutou word meter
Sherry & Leo
Rejected by HM&B
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
Darcie & Alex
17,221 / 55,000 (31.3%)
It's The Time of Year
Monday, May 29, 2006
It's good to hear that others have been dragging their feet (fingers?) when it comes to writing these days; it makes me feel better knowing that it isn't just me.

I think a lot of the problem is the time of the year. I don't know about everybody else, but because I sit in front of my PC to earn a living, when I've done what I have to do, I find it difficult to spend more time here when life has so much more to tempt me with. The garden desperately needs work (believe me, although it's a vast improvement on what was here when I first moved in, it still isn't a place for pleasant relaxation on a lounger and tranquil evenings spent with friends around the table. No, there's a long way to go yet I'm afraid and sitting in front of the PC doesn't get it done.

Then there's the house. I'm more inclined to want to decorate during summer. I realise I lot of people tend to make that a winter activity but I'm not everybody else; I like to do it during summer. I definitely want to paint the hall this afternoon. It's just a tiny porch so won't take long, but even so, it won't get done if I sit here writing all day. Then there's the bedroom. I'm trying to figure out ways to bring in more storage space (I have HUGE amounts of medical supplies that have to be kept in there and that DO NOT look attractive) and generally de-clutter it. Not easy when you have about 12 sq.mtrs to work with.

And, of course, the kitchen. That really is going to be a major job. If only I could believe it'd go as painlessly as Jeanne's. We do have to paint the walls, and lay new flooring, though. No two ways about it. We're also going to have to give the ceiling several coats as there was once a leak from the bathroom which brought the part of kitchen ceiling down, leaving it with a 2 x 2 meter area of unpainted plaster. The doors will also need painting as I'm not having dark wood doors in my nice fresh kitchen. No way, Jose. I'm fussy about these things. If a job's gonna be done, it's gonna be done properly.

Apart from the "round the house" jobs that need doing, this time of the years also tempts me out of the house and into the countryside. I can't stand being cooped up more than I have to be so when the weather's nice, I try to wangle things so that I can have at least half the day off so that I can get out and about and enjoy our green and pleasant land. Even a wander around a local garden centre for an hour is better than sitting in front of the PC for longer than I have to.

But today it's raining. So being as it's bank holiday and I'm not 'working', I shall try to write some words to add to my book. You never know, it may just happen.

Of course, there's always the lasagne to make for dinner and the breakfast buns I promised my daughter I'd make more of (the last batch disappeared awfully quickly!)

To infinity and beyond! .... eh?



~~+~~
Posted by Sharon J on 2:41 PM   

3 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with the novel today, Sharon! I'm sure you'll make great progress. Personally I think gardening - I wouldn't touch a paintbrush, I'm too much of a spaz - great for working out plot, motivation, etc.

Me too on the difficulty of writing for other people and then turning around at the end of the day, or at lunch, or whenever you find a spare minute, to write for yourself. It's very difficult to do both.

3:45 PM   


Blogger Unknown said...

Raining, raining, where? Clear blue sky, hot enough to wear something strappy if your bingo wings allow. Even thought of giving the legs an outing but resorted to that new tanning/moisturiser stuff - because I'm worth it!!

8:35 PM   


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeanne. Yes, I thought you'd appreciate the problem with writing for a living and then writing for "fun".

Stacy. Thanks for agreeing. Makes me feel better about not forcing myself to sit in front of the 'puter more than I have to.

Minx. Go on girl, you just rub it in, eh? While we're freezing our arses off up here, you swan around in your strappy tops, shorts and flip-flops, drinking wine and poking your tongue out at the rest of us. Tsk.

11:34 AM   


Post a Comment

<< Home