Nantwich Writers' Group Logo
Nantwich Writers' Group
Sharon J's Writing Blog
Welcome to The Nantwich Writers' Group Web Site
Please feel free to look around - you'll find information about the group's work, our group diary as well as the writing diaries of individual members.
 Home
 About Penny
 Perpetual Story
 News
 Message Boards
 Links
 Bookshelf
 Contact
 Group Blog
 Penny’s Blog
 Sharon’s Blog
 Iona’s Blog
 Chris’ Blog
 Richard's Blog
 Christopher's Blog
 Kate's Blog
 Joan's Blog
 Shirley's Blog
 Carole's Blog
 Kate Allan
 Debi Alper
 Amanda Ashby
 Ally Blake
 Jaci Burton
 Martyn Clayton
 Julie Cohen
 Karen Dindia
 Karen Lee Field
 Liz Fielding
 Kate Hardy
 Fiona Harper
 Jeanne Haskett
 Anna Lucia
 Natasha Oakley
 Kim Rees
 Julie S
 Jack Slyde
 Kate Walker
 Sasha White
 Trish Wylie
 
 All Kinds of Writing
 Another 52 Books
 Characters Journey
 Inner Minx
 Literary Chicks
 MsCreativity
 Scribes' Sanctuary
 Struggling Writer
 The Hopeless Writer
 WriteMinded
 Writesville
 "Knit One, Kill One" by Maggie Sefton
 "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult
 "Common Ground" by Andrew Cohan
 "Dead Simple" by Peter James
 "When The Devil Holds The Candle" by Karin Fossum
 "Being A Bad Girl" by Julie Cohen
 "The Italian Duke's Wife" by Penny Jordan
 A Wife on Paper - Liz Fielding
 O'Reilly's Bride - Trish Wylie
 A Nanny For Keeps - Liz Fielding
 On Writing - Stephen King
 Acid Row - Minette Walters
 Light As A Feather - Helen Dunne
 A Mother For His Daughter - Ally Blake
  Am No Longer Fretting
  Too Much Fretting
  The Nerve of the Man!!!
  A Possible Shed, No Ring and More Night-Wear
  Pub and Stuff
  Writing Again
  I confess...
  It's The Time of Year
  Back
  What's Up Doc?
Powered by Blogger

Child

Locations of visitors to this page

Number of online users in last 3 minutes


Zokutou word meter
Sherry & Leo
Rejected by HM&B
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
Darcie & Alex
17,221 / 55,000 (31.3%)
Almost There
Saturday, June 10, 2006
I managed to get some writing done this morning and am now well and truly into the home run. 89% of the first draft is down, assuming I write 55,000 words. If I aim for 50,000, I've actually finished 98%. Wow! For somebody who's never finished a mss in her life, that sounds pretty impressive!

To be honest, I think this first draft is going to finish up somewhere around 52,000 words. Whether the revision leaves me with more or less words remains to be seen, but I don't think it'll matter too much one way or the other.

I'm at that point now where I just want to get it revised and out of the way. I've been working on it since March and feel it's time to move on to the next story. Once this one's sent off I shall get started on the next Tender as well as a hen-lit story I have whizzing around in my head. I'm not sure how working on two WIPs at once will work out for me (I can't read two novels at once) but I'll try anything once. Well, most things, anyway. If I can't get along with two, I'll just have to see which one dominates and concentrate on that one first.

Right. I have to throw some stuff in a weekend case now, and do some tidying before we leave. Daughter Nr. 2's having a friend round for drinks, loud music and dancing, so I can't leave the place looking like a tip (even though that's what I'll probably come back to). Don't tell me I shouldn't worry about it - plenty of people have tried that before and it doesn't work. I like tidy, ok?

See ya next week, folks.



~~+~~

Technorati Tags: writing, romance
Posted by Sharon J on 2:35 PM   

3 Comments:
Blogger Karen Erickson said...

Yea Sharon! Your progess is so great - be proud of yourself. You're almost finished! It's a wonderful feeling to finish one. I need to revise the one I just finished too. I'm getting sick of it, but I need to do it. And I need to prepare and query it too. Yikes. The not so fun stuff of writing.

Congrats again on your progress!

7:07 PM   


Blogger Eva said...

Congratulations, Sharon. You sound really psyched to finish. Have you written the dreaded synopsis yet?

3:39 PM   


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen. I'm pretty sick of this mss now, too. I just want it out of the way so that I can start on another story onlly I know there's a lot of re-writing to do. Still, at least it's getting close.

Eva. Synopsis? What's that? LOL. No, I haven't. I'll just have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

12:38 AM   


Post a Comment

<< Home